Implant Restorations Denver NC
Dental implants remain a popular choice for patients missing one or more teeth within the smile. They are long-lasting, durable, and stable. They can also be restored with a variety of options depending on the needs of the patient. Drs. Nathen Ellis and Gary Hubbard of Denver, NC, provide implants and implant restorations to restore smiles in the most effective manner possible. This method does require surgery but provides a solution to missing teeth that can last a lifetime with proper care.
What are the implant restoration steps?
- Checking candidacy. First, patients need to undergo an evaluation, including dental x-rays, to determine if they are a viable candidate for dental implants. If not, alternatives may be suggested, or even bone grafting procedures recommended to prepare the smile for dental implants later.
- Planning. The dentist uses dental x-rays to plan the dental implants’ placement, ensuring bone structure will effectively support these restorations.
- Surgery. Oral surgery is scheduled. The dentist, during the procedure, will make an incision in the gums where the implant will be placed. Then, a hole is made in the jaw, and the implant is installed. Sutures are used to close up the gums and ensure proper healing. Surgery is often performed under anesthetics and sedation for patient comfort.
- Osseointegration. Once the implant has been put in place, it stimulates the body’s natural healing process, during which osseointegration occurs. Osseointegration is the growth of bone around the implant that stabilizes it and holds it firmly in place. It is necessary to maintain the implant in the bone successfully with time.
- Restoration. After the area has healed, the restoration chosen is used over the dental implant. Common restorations used over implants include dental crowns, dental bridges, and dentures. Our team will discuss the options available to them with patients before surgery and provide a restoration that blends seamlessly into the smile.
Interested in implant restorations?
Contact Denver, NC area dentists today at (704) 908-6969. Drs. Nathen Ellis and Gary Hubbard of Denver Dental Arts are located at 7206 Austin Smiles Court, Suite #103, and accept both new and current patients.